Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Summer!

Things that you like are naturally included in your spare time. This goes for horn too! I hope we all like horn playing. If you do it should naturally follow that you play over the summer. If this sounds oppressive, then just play for fun! Any playing helps, even a little bit. I know how it is to just want to relax and do nothing over the summer (guilty!) but I hope that everyone can pick up their horn and play through etudes or solos that they like.

I certainly plan on playing. My goal is to go through the entire Schuller etude book (mentioned in the previous blog). I might also be practicing the Telemann horn concerto.

Because we aren't being pressed to play because of school, you should make sure to keep it fun! But also remember that learning and challenging yourself can be refreshing and invigorating. So keep yourself fresh over the summer! You will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment